1. Anyone can do Taekwondo. Because places in our dojang are limited, the minimum age of students is 6. Otherwise, you are most welcome regardless of your age. Everybody was a beginner once.
2. Do not worry: you will practice with someone of appropriate height, age and experience.
3. Wear comfortable clothes (cotton tracksuit) if you do not have a dobok. A dobok is a Taekwondo uniform. You can buy one form your Master.
4. If you decide that you like Taekwondo, you should train in your dobok.
5. If buying it yourself (on eBay or in a shop) please make sure it is the WTF or Olympic style dobok.
6. We practice without any shoes or in special taekwondo shoes.
7. Make sure that your toenails and fingernails are clipped.
8. If in doubt ask. If you cannot do something, tell your instructor. You will not impress anyone if you get injured.
9. Apply the core values (tenets) of Taekwondo every day – in training and outside.
10. Report any injuries, medical conditions and disabilities of any kind to your Master before training. We will do everything in our power to help you feel good and practice as much as you can.
11. Report any concerns to your Master. If the concern relates to your Master, report it to Dublin Taekwondo Academy – Master Michael Ho at 087 257 9288.
12. During the training Clongriffin Junction becomes our Dojnag (the training hall) – bow towards the flags before you enter the floor.
13. Take all your rubbish with you from the Dojang or your Master will have to clean it himself. He does not like it.
14. The fees are: €35 per month. A single class is €10 but we would love you to join for the whole month.
* The classes runs from September to June with breaks for school holidays;
* Any refunds are at the discretion of your master. Please talk to me before or after training;
* If you are in financial difficulties but would like to continue training (or you would like your child to continue training), please talk to me personally or by some other means (email, WhatsApp).
15. We start at 6 pm with the beginners group. More advanced or older students start at 7:30 pm for some more advanced training.
16. Taekwondo is a contact sport and a vigorous physical activity. While nobody wants to get injured it does happen sometimes. You and/or your children must understand that physical contact is a part of martial arts. To avoid injury please follow common sense and the rules below:
* Always notify your master about any injuries or medical conditions you may have;
* Know your limits; do not push yourself beyond your limits;
* If you suffer injury during training, howsoever small, please notify your master immediately;
* Follow your master’s instructions;
* Do not fool or goof around; No horseplay is allowed;
* Respect others – listen and do not push the or force them to do something they are uncomfortable doing.
17. We will take photos sometimes during training. Those will go on our social media and/or website. If you do not want to be on them (or do not want your child to be on them) please let your master know.
Please, fee free to contact me, if you have any questions.